Tuesday, July 30, 2013

This was a letter sent to John Walsh....but I thought I should share it with everyone...

To: John Walsh
Have you ever considered that you are punishing innocent/undeserving people with YOUR crusade???  I was a victim from the time I was 5.  One of my abusers was a police officer.  When I told MY story it was ignored.  Why is that????  So over the years I have followed all of these changes.  What are the statute of limitations on these kind of crimes and should there even be one if one exists?  And are these offenders any more of a threat then someone who murders?  Oh, you say there are different levels of the offense? Shouldn't that apply to the sex offender?   I understand that sex offenders need to be monitored BUT I see to much misuse of the system and the law enforcers NOT doing their job and punishing the offender following the rules.  Where is their JUSTICE?  I am looking to change these laws to help keep the focus where it needs to be, THE CHILDREN!  I don't believe monitoring a person that has been mislabeled a SEX offender because he tapped a young girl on the shoulder a threat.  Monitoring this type of person is taking away from the people we NEED to be watching and monitoring.  THE PREDATOR.  The law named after son was implemented for just that, THE PREDATOR.  Not the person who had consensual sex.  I believe too much time and money are wasted on these types of people.  And lets not push aside all the problems Megan's Law has caused. What are we solving by publishing these people?  I'll tell you....NOTHING.  Murders to me are just as dangerous, yet they don't register. Why?  The fear and stigma of a SEX OFFENDER should be used for those committing those heinous crimes, not for frivolous and erroneous accusations.  I am starting a advocacy for those mislabeled offenders. I watched you on the View and love the new device, but what do you do for the people who can't afford them?  I would like help forming this advocacy.  I believe it will help everyone.  As a women that has experienced all sides of the law, I want to help change this bad misconception of certain sex offenders, and strengthen the laws for those who violate it.  I want to be the voice that I should have had.
I am looking for supporters.  Anyone willing to lend their voice to my cause?

No comments:

Post a Comment